Skill Builder: Machine Applique
Experience Needed: Know Your Machine is recommended
Format: 1 part via ZOOM
This class is an intro to applique by machine. The methods that we will explore are: Applique using fusible web and a blanket stitch; Mock hand applique; and applique using a satin stitch.
We will look at the new features on some sewing machines that makes applique by machine even easier!
- Why would you want more than one blanket stitch?
- Why is it advantageous to have a machine stitch over the same stitch numerous times?
- What is mirror imaging used for?
- Can you position your blanket stitch in numerous places in your stitch window?
- How can the speed control on your machine make stitching easier?
- Let's not forget to talk about the auto presser foot option available on some machines.
We will focus on the best products to use, how to use fusibles, the set up of your machine and sew much more!
Tools Needed: Only if you want to sew along.
Heat n Bond Fusible Light weight
2 contrasting large fabric scraps: 1 as background and 1 to fuse
Skill Builders Recommended:
- Know your machine
Please note that you will need to have access to the Zoom platform via website or app. We would prefer that you join us on a tablet or smart phone for best results.
Log-in info with a code will be sent to you, via email, prior to class. The code is needed to be admitted to the classroom.
You will be admitted to the classroom 5 minutes prior to the start of class.