Skill Builder Format: Stitches and Feet Intro
Experience Needed: None
Format: 2 parts via ZOOM
Take another step toward getting to know your machine. Further exploration of the ample abilities of your sewing machine brings us to stitches and feet. Stop using only the straight stitch with your needle in the center position. This class focused on basic stitches and feet.
In class learn:
- How many stitches per inch should be used for a variety of projects?
- What settings to you use when basting?
- What foot should you choose for straight stitching, zig zagging, and decorative stitches
- How to stop your fabric from bunching when using a zig zag stitch
- When to move my needle position
- How do I use my zipper foot
- Afraid of buttonholes
- Sew on buttons by machine
- Trouble shooting
Supplies required: For In-person classes only
- Sewing machine
- Fabric scraps
- 6" ruler
- Marker, pen or pencil
Please note that you will need to have access to the Zoom platform via website or app. We would prefer that you join us on a tablet or smart phone for best results.
Log-in info with a code will be sent to you, via email, prior to class. The code is needed to be admitted to the classroom.
You will be admitted to the classroom 5 minutes prior to the start of class.