Skill Builder: Pressing Matters
Format: 2 parts via ZOOM
As the title says, pressing truly does matter. It can alter the outcome of an entire project and most times not in a good way! This class is intended for individuals who are creating quilts, garments and home dec items.
Class #1: Lecture time approx. 1 hour
* What pressing tools are available?
* When, why and how do we use them?
Class #2: Lecture time approx. 1 hour
Techniques; Let's put those tools into action!
Some of the items we will discuss
* How does the fiber type affect pressing?
* Why is it important to understand grain lines ?
* How do we distort our fabrics? How do we fix that distortion?
* When should we use steam; To steam or not steam?
* Starch; Do we starch or not?
* Please note that you will need to have access to the Zoom platform via website or app. We would prefer that you join us on a tablet or smart phone for best results, because we will need to see your machines as well as your faces at many points through out the class.
*Log-in info with a code will be sent, via e-mail, to you prior to class. The code is needed to be admitted to the classroom.
You will be admitted to the classroom 5 minutes prior to the start of class.